Discuss left in the lurch and totally fuming in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Done a job a few months back ,kitchen in black 200x100 brick tiles ,guy absolutely made up with job gives a good tip and says getting bathroom done soon will you come and give me a quote. Heard nothing for weeks then I was loading my van and a car pulled up and the same guy popped out and said sorry not got back lost your number so gives him my number and he rings me 1hr later can you come later today tell me what I need for my knock through bathroom, so I go later measures and tells him exactly what he needs ,tells him all the prep required (which he said his builder would do and he would make sure he did it to my spec as I don't have the time to prep) so goes checks the prep that had been done last week and all was fine ,the guy rang me and said the job cant be done the weekend (last one ) as the marble had been delivered and a lot was damaged so I told him I was available next Saturday but next sunday was a no go as I had a party Saturday night ,told him I would take a days holiday to get finished monday which is this monday coming,to which he agrees so I gets all the materials ordered and rings him today to drop the materials off (he was supplying marble) he goes mick I was just gonna ring you the guy who's done all the prep has a mate whos a tiler and he can get started tomorrow so I don't need you, was that shocked I just said ok whatever . sitting here fuming outta pocket (will use the mats though)and thinking this tiling lark is no longer worth the bloody hassle.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Are you fully booked or just doing it part time at weekends?

No john am a full time tiler but I work for a company so do my own work weekends, just that this particular sunday I can't work,the thing that bugs me the most was he cancelled on me last weekend ,never had this scenario in all the years I been tiling,yeah lost jobs on price etc but for me to get to the stage of having the materials and the plug bein pulled really annoyed me. But todays another day and the slots been filled.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Ok I have an update, gets a call last week to price a kitchen supply and fit 4m2 metro cream ,goes gives my price gets a call of the girl the day after says yes everything is fine when can you do it,i say am available Saturday (today) she says that's great see you Saturday, she says am going to be away my dad will let you in ,so turns up this morning and the dad is the same guy as in the original post,so am chatting to him and says how did your bathroom go, he said don't ask (but I did) he then went on to tell me he had bought 26m2 of each marble tile so 52m2 total the job was a bit under 30m2 I asked why he bought so much he said as he works away he wanted to make sure he definitely had enough so his wife didn't have to run around,so while he was away his tiler(use the term loosely) magically used all the tiles and got extra money off his wife for 7 more boxes ,which is bad enough but the tiling to say the least is atrocious ,he asked to go and look and give my opinion(couldn't take photos as he was with me) the tiler had butt jointed everything ,he hadn't mitred trims and there was more lips than than you could believe,and to top it off had charged him day work and it took him 14 days at £160 a day ,I was very tactful so not as to upset him,but just shows you what goes around comes around ,anyway done his daughters and he gives me my cheque and a £50 tip ,Happy days

Reply to left in the lurch and totally fuming in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB