UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss let down in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
should have been starting a new job last thursday, on wed trying to contact my partner to arrange pick up time, not answering phone or replying to texes
9,15 pm wed night i get a text , hi rob ive been thinking long ans hard about this and ive decided i dont want to work with you anymore, i know its not a good time to spring this on you , i hope u understand

i should mention that it is is van has mine packed up

how furious was i tried ringing him no answer, so thursday morn ring him he answers , what the hell is going on you have dropped me right init
is reply was , well you get all the work and take it for granted that i want to do it, some mornings when i wake up i dont want to go to work but feel that i have to because of you ,
this guy has lived of my work contacts for the last 2 years and this is how he repays me, right get my tools over to me now dont muck me about,
ok he says i will fetch them over later, about 2 hrs later i get a text ,are you in im bringing tools over , ok no probs , 5 mins later another text tools are on there way ive sent them over in a taxi
now i am boiling over , i ring him up , what are you playing at , you coward , he thought it was best we did,nt meet face to face ,
still got some tools missing , he wont answer phone or reply to my texts , my wife has stopped me from going to his house because of what i might do, but i dont think i can hold it back much longer
he had a private job lined up worth about 900 each , i questioned him about it but he reckons he did,nt get it , i reckon he,s doing it on his own
well i hope its worth it:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
As others have said no point being angry and planning revenge. Perhaps give him the benefit of the doubt that there is something more to it that you are not aware of. Leave it behind and get on with your own life. If he comes to talk then listen it but don't get burned twice. If he does not then forget him and move on.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
from my experience theres normaly more to these situations than people let on, he might be getting earache from the wife for woking long hours/nights away, still dosn't excuse the way hes dumped you in it, but theses things happen.

ive been in a few partnerships, and had subbies working for me, but to be honest, ive never been happier than working on my own, every cloud has a silver lining, as the saying goes..

R

Rich

Does sound like you are better off on your Todd, its a difficult situation at the best of times. If he has pinched your contract then that is naughty but it is also business, it happens to the best of us. I have been on the other end of this a few times in the past and there is never a good time to walk, I just try to give us much notice as possible but it is not always possible to do that.

Just crack on with it and the chances are he will be on the phone in 6 months time asking for work!

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Just my tuppence nybor,when you work closely with someone workin day in day out weekends etc you spend more time with your workmates than you do with your own family and over time it becomes hard, am loyal (probably more than i should be )but have had my own brother work for me for 3 years and it all ended when i lost the plot and punched him ,sometimes its better to just call it a day and move on am happier now workin by myself than i have ever been,Hes probably done you a favour.

P.s am not condoning punchin someone took me a while to forgive myself.

Reply to let down in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
let down
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.