Discuss leveling over floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

DERBER

Even better , take them up...you cannot guarantee the integrity of the previous installation and then you have to guarantee your installation on top of the old one....

Pull them up IMO...

Exactly. Best answer Dave.
icon14.gif

S

shaundaly

Thanks guys,I agree with lifting the tiles, but I have not seen the job and am just doing what they are asking. I am guessing that the old tiles have been laid badly and the home owner wants it leveled, so the contractor has said that I will self level it. If it's not to bad I will just bed out with rapid set as I go along.I am a kitchen fitter by trade but do my own tiling. The kitchen company I am fitting for covers all aspects of the kitchen such as tiling, electrics etc. They are not experts at tiling so thats why I ask you guys because some of the stuff they want me to do is nonsense.As long as it is possible to do, ie, there are no reactions or the slc does not stick to tiles then thats all I need to know. I suppose if they have charged the home owner for it, I gotta do it.CheersShaun

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to leveling over floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB