Currently reading:
Levelling floor between heated/decoupled areas and those without?

Discuss Levelling floor between heated/decoupled areas and those without? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello, I’m about to porcelain tile a long established concrete floor with electrical underfloor heating and decoupling mat in about 1/3 of the area, then I’d like to tile the rest using adhesive underneath only. As there’ll be a 5mm+ height difference between these heated and non hested areas, what is the best way to level it all please? Self levelling under non heated areas to match height of decoupling mat? Thanks

Are you going to be using decoupling mat?You can latex up to the existing height with a fibre reinforced latex. A 25kg bag of Bal Level Max or Weber Floor Flex will cover approximately 3m per bag at a depth of 5mm, providing its reasonably flat. Then anti fracture matting of choice, Ditra is the best I’ve used, but durabase is ok too and a smidge cheaper.

Are you going to be using decoupling mat?You can latex up to the existing height with a fibre reinforced latex. A 25kg bag of Bal Level Max or Weber Floor Flex will cover approximately 3m per bag at a depth of 5mm, providing its reasonably flat. Then anti fracture matting of choice, Ditra is the best I’ve used, but durabase is ok too and a smidge cheaper.
Thank you for your very helpful advice, much appreciated!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Levelling floor between heated/decoupled areas and those without? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB