Discuss Levelling with ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

joshtiler

Evening all just a quick question, I have a bathroom floor to do (when I have done the walls) the floor is a screed and It needs some slc. It has a ufh mat to go down but what I was wondering is should I level the floor, then lay the mat, then put slc over the top of the mat or can I lay the mat on the un-levelled screed and lay the slc over it? The slc i have got is weber, I need to keep the height as low as possible as the tiles have to finish flush with top of shower tray, when I lay the slc over the mat can I just lay enough to cover the elements or does the mat have to be set in a certain thickness of slc? Thanks. Josh

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The screed will just suck up all the heat, stick down some insulation boards with flexi adhesive, lay your UHF then screed over, just above cable height is fine. Take time to ensure matting and cables are properly fixed to boards to avoid them rising in sic.

And once again ditto :)

J

joshtiler

Sorry guys I was driving :)

Cam low yes it's someone's house mate and I hope I'm being paid haha!!

Trevortine by insulation board do you mean like a hardibacker?

I have never put a board down on a screed before? The manual says that putting it onto a screed is fine and when I went to a trade day the rep from rachem said it was fine also? I am not suggesting that any of you are wrong I trust your experiance 100% but have I been doing it wrong all this time?

J

joshtiler

Thanks alot bri I will give this a read now I've put little man to bed :) thing is I've installed the mats on to screeds before and never laid a board down? I can see why you do and when I lay one onto a timber floors I always put a hardie board onto the ply. Does it vary depending in what brand of mat it is to weather you need to board it? As I said the manual and the rep said straight onto a screed is fine? I'm confused lol

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Here you go Josh, an awesome tilers forum member did this thread a while back http://www.tilersforums.com/electri...ng-electric-underfloor-heating-step-step.html

Sorry Bri mate. I didn't have time to go look for it. I was debating between the two of you. :eek:

Thanks mate I think on this occasion it will have to be 6mm.

The manufacturers installation instruction will more than likely specify the use of an insulation board. The likes of Warm up even tell you the minimum thickness (10mm with them). I don't know where you would stand on warrantys in the event any do fail.

J

joshtiler

Thanks all of you for advice :)

Aligage this is the installation guide mate it's a brand called rachem (from CTD) there are alot of pages but the instructions that come with the mat I get are from page 21 and it says subfloor, then mat, then tile adhesive, then tile it doesnt even mention slc either? Not saying you any of you are wrong as I see how it would be costly to run but just wanted you to see what I have got to follow lol!!

Here it is:
http://ru-ru.thermal.pentair.com/Images/EN-RaychemFloorheating-TH-CDE0695_tcm506-35938.pdf

Reply to Levelling with ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB