Discuss Levels !!!! Best And Worst ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I was told by my mate that when you use spirit level on vertical stuff door linings et. Level on side and then mesure of it top and bottom. Because if you use spirit level on other side there will be variation in distance due to spining movement of earth. He was told that by italian arhitect. As he was working there 12 yrs

A mate who's a brickie said the same similar about high rise buildings, due to the shape of the earth levels would be useless on the external walls :flushed:

I

Italy

My collection SOLA ,SOLA you see in the dark

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Somerset
What you should be looking for in a good quality level is the deviation factor. A good quality level will show a variation of 0.5mm per metre or less.

If you zoom in on the triangle marks in the photo below you can see these for the Stabila. When using these levels over a large wall area, make sure you flip the level by 180 degrees as you move across the wall - this neutralises the level deviation to ensure your level is completely accurate. If the level does not have this information on it - bin it, it's no use for trade use.

Personally I agree Stabila are expensive, but they are the best imho.
image.jpeg

O

Old Mod

When using these levels over a large wall area, make sure you flip the level by 180 degrees as you move across the wall - this neutralises the level deviation to ensure your level is completely accurate.
That's one of the first things I was taught after being allowed to actually pick up anything other than a broom, squeegee or bucket! haha
And yet I find so many guys that give me a complete blank look when I ask why they're not flipping the level! :eek:

O

Old Mod

Are u familiar with the term 'flipping the bird' D?

You could put a letter A on one end of the level and a letter B on the other. Then as you go round the wall, put the level on as A-B then B-A, A-B and so on, then no confusion... well maybe none o_O

I don't get confused flipping the level cos I've got
'Right way round' written on one side,
and 'Rong way round' written on the other! :D

I

Italy

I think Antonio is a smart arse! Haha
smart arse......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Reply to Levels !!!! Best And Worst ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB