Discuss 'Likes' or 'Thanks' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

I had a look for the tapatalk app the other day and couldnt find it, is it in the app store or under a different name? And does it make posts easier on the phone?

It's in the app store Bri and Is called "Tapatalk Forum App" and is very easy to use the forum, though you don't get every feature that you have when using the forum on your computer. In saying that, it's well worth the money........

U

user123

Couldn't agree more, I think sometimes manners are forgotten on here and in life in general. Do I sound old now :lol:

That's a like and a thanks then .. :lol: :thumbsup: it's something to do with generosity of spirit, too, like spreading a smile, or a hug or whatever, all the good human stuff rather than the cynical up yer own backside stuff. Adele is on ITV2 right now, set fire to the rain next.. yey! :)

U

user123

I think what we've also got to take into account is that we're an informative forum, not a back scratching clique, (even tho' we also have a good community spirit) personally I look forward to Deanotiles posts as I always think he pulls no punches and shoots straight from the hip.

I'm not with you there, Doug, I agree, but do you feel that the thanks and like buttons are about backscratching? For the record, I don't.. they are just virtual tools of appreciation?

I

Ian

I think what we've also got to take into account is that we're an informative forum, not a back scratching clique, (even tho' we also have a good community spirit) personally I look forward to Deanotiles posts as I always think he pulls no punches and shoots straight from the hip.

I always worry about sounding patronising! It's hard to gauge whether to use tecnical terms or simpler terms somtimes! I can just imgine someone sitting infront of their computer saying 'he thinks he's clever using technical words' or 'does he think I'm stupid'

D

doug boardley

I always worry about sounding patronising! It's hard to gauge whether to use tecnical terms or simpler terms somtimes! I can just imgine someone sitting infront of their computer saying 'he thinks he's clever using technical words' or 'does he think I'm stupid'
yep, I do know what you mean Bri, I simply guage it by the question they ask, ie a newbie to the trade will ask a question that we all asked when we were newbies, (what size trowel, what adhesive etc), yet a more seasoned pro (but still new to the forum) may ask a more advanced question that is open to good discussion as to how we would tackle it, and that is what a forum is all about,,,discussion,....'cos without it we can't move on.

R

Rich

I like thanks :lol:

I prefer to get a thanks because as you say it shows next to your total post count and I genuinely take it as a "thank you" and as sad as it sounds, that makes it worth spending so much time on here. Feels like Im helping some1 out.
I worry that more people will hit the "like" button over the "thanks", Im sure I was getting more thanks before the likes came out.

On top of this we also have the reputation thingy (the little green blocks by your name) How many of us use that?

U

user123

The reputation button, yes I have used it at times, when the thanks or like didn't seem quite enough... but I know what you mean about using the thanks less now the like button is here. Really, though, what does it matter which one is pressed, as long as there is some way of acknowledgment or response? The like counts, given and received, does show in the profile, too, so you can check there. :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 'Likes' or 'Thanks' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
'Likes' or 'Thanks'
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.