Discuss Limestone floor advice needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

Use white adhesive flex, as said clean it as you go, keep sealing it prior to grouting until it won't take anymore sealer, get the stone in the house for a day minimum before you fix it, as when the dampness comes out of it, you'll see the variations, fissures, stand back from the fixed tiles every 30 minutes, to make sure your variations are even and one doesn't stand out from the other, do not be persuaded to use the wax's that certain companies recommend, as its a wax finish and wears within 2 months, if you can get an even shine on it, improbable !, as the darker ( denser ) parts of the stone appear shinier, and the client then requires an even shine throughout the whole tiles, as it looks smeared, even a buffer will not create an even sheen throughout, so do not use the wax, as the client will have to re wax every 2 months ! back butter tiles and back the sides up, wipe off excess sealer ( as this will cause a waxy build up that will not easily come off, even with re applying more sealer to dissolve it. most important to get the tiles in a dry atmosphere prior to fixing to see the real shading.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone floor advice needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We're quoting to rip up and replace a tiled floor with Limestone tiles. I'm looking for advice...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB