Discuss Limestone grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi I have had a lime stone floor laid in the bath room by a very competent tiler.It is the second floor/wall he has laid and the first one is beautiful.
The second floor/wall was laid on Bal white flexible base in June and the walls were done 3 weeks ago, All the tiles were grouted with bal limestone grout at the same time and here is the problem,85% of the joints are near to cement colour with the remaining 15% consisting of 8% white lime stone and the rest cement colour I have had people in to look at it and it has been confirmed it is not efforvescent salts. It has ruined a very expensive Bathroom It has been suggested that it is removed and re done but I consider the upheaval,mess,dust and possible damage to the tiles could be too much to be taken on any ideas greatly appreciated

S

smokey

Hi Doug the first floor was last year and I bought the Norcross limestone grout. Now I am not an expert in this field and when the tiler said he would pick up a couple of bags of lime stone grout I never thought any more about it and as it was in a different part of the house a slight variation in overall limestone would not have been a problem but this is a different matter. he is a very reliable Guy and is devastated by it

Reply to Limestone grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Limestone grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.