Discuss Limestone grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smokey

Well Gentlemen the report was thorough and after going through all the checks Bal confirmed there was nothing wrong with the product and the colour of my batch and my sample of dried grout matched the colour for this product and Bal showed via photographs a sample matching mine. As a Iso 900 company the procedure followed was correct. So what was the cause of patchy grout? the answer is I do not know.I can only guess at possibilities but cannot be certain. One thing I do know and would recommend to any person having any visual finish at all is to have samples of the finished product before committing to them.

Certainly even if the grouting was unblemished the limestone colour between manufactures can vary enormously So moving forward does any one know if as the grouting is slightly recessed about 2 mm could I re grout to this depth with a different colour,? removing the grout is out of the question.
Or could I bleach in any way the grout to lighten the colour?

Thank you

D

DHTiling

The response i thought you would get....

IMO it is probs down to too much water when washing off but as said above this particular grout has had some not so good reports on here..

So.. 2mm is too shallow to get a true grip imo.. your best bet is to recolour it.. Mapei Fuga fresca will do the job..

Fuga Fresca is a polymer paint for bringing back the colour of cementitious grouted joints in floors and decorated surfaces.
Applications:
Fuga Fresca may also be used to eliminate irregularities in the colour of joints caused, for example, by incorrect application of the mortar, or to eliminate unsightly stains caused during use.
Fuga Fresca helps to obtain joints with a uniform colour, which absorb less water and which are easier to clean.
Technical data:
Colours: 26.
Application: by brush or directly from the canister.

http://www.mapei.com/public/GB/products/2803_fuga fesca_gb.pdf

Reply to Limestone grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Limestone grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.