Discuss Limestone Slabs advice in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

engineer21

Hi guys, first time here and pleased ive found somewhere i think i will get good advice

ive bought some black limestone slabs 20mm ish think, these are to be laid over my existing front steps to house.

as my existing front steps are concrete what can i use to stick the slabs with? both vertical and horizontal.

i realise digging out the steps and starting again is prob the most professional way but really not what i want to do.

should i use something like tilers adhesive? or would something like no more nails etc work best? bear in mind its external and for a front door.

also what is best to grout the joints? and how big a gap should i be leaving?

thanks any advice appreciated

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone Slabs advice in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post here on the forum. Thanks for reading! I have an application for 1"...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Tile Adhesive Trending Topics

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB