Discuss limestone tiles turning orange in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kbaby

Thanks for the comments about the cakes. :lol:

I dont think its where the shower screen is leaking. Its a odd shower screen whereby half of it is fixed in place and sealant all round the side and along the bottom and then the remaining half of the screen has brackets to make it movable, this does drip with water when you open and close it but any drips occur about 30cm away from the orange spot. Ill move the bath panel to take a look behind there, I have had a quick look and I can see that even though there are tiles under the bath they arent grouted, so theres a possibility water has got under the bath and spread that was but im not sure if that is the cause. I do have 2 children who seem to create a pool when they bath.

My other thought is that when im moping the floor clean as its in the corner of the room maybe the mop is creating a small puddle of water in that area, the edge of the floor where it meets the floor bar is also going a light orange too and I know I tend to mop in that area and because its close to the floor bar its difficult to mop it properly.
We live in south wales so I think were soft to normal water hardness.

We complained to the tile store not long after the tiles were laid about some marks which they say were caused by bath soap. They gave us Lithofin wax off and stain stop to treat the floor with. Would they be any good, if not what type of products should I use?
Will the orange colour come out with cleaning? at the moment it fades when ive washed the floor but then once it dries again the colour returns to the stain.

Sorry for so many questions and thanks again for all your advice

P

Pebbs

Kbaby, remove the bath panel for evidence of water ingress would be a good move, if the stain is coming back when the tile is dry, something has definately impregnated through the tile either from below or top.
I just looked at the photos again, and am thinking.....my little pony cake....I want one....umm sorry, yes back to topic, its difficult to tell what is the cause of the marking, however I dont believe its anything to do with the stone, or the adhesive seeping through.

Pebbs

Reply to limestone tiles turning orange in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
limestone tiles turning orange
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.