UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

melanie01

hi all

can anybody advise me on the folowing please?

i am laying a limestone floor with different thickness tiles ranging from 35mm-45mm thick.

my base is concrete with piped underfloor heating with screed on top followed by a detra matt membrane.

my question is can i spot dob the tiles to get the level as aposed to buttering both floor and tile that i have read on the forum?

thanks gutys

M

melanie01

hi all

can anybody advise me on the folowing please?

i am laying a limestone floor with different thickness tiles ranging from 35mm-45mm thick.

my base is concrete with piped underfloor heating with screed on top followed by a detra matt membrane.

my question is can i spot dob the tiles to get the level as aposed to buttering both floor and tile that i have read on the forum?

thanks gutys

thank you for the quick reply guys

the stone is reclaimed, i was told that as the stone was so thick it would not matter about dobbing tiles by the manufacturer ? also he has supplied me with white single flexable adhesive is this correct? so many conflicting advise from manufacturer.

W

Waimzer

you will still want to have a full bed of adhesive below those tiles, especially because of the underfloor heating. As someone said the heat distribution will be un-even otherwise, let alone the fact voids in the adhesive bed will lead to cracks! They are correct in supplying you with a white flexible adhesive, fast set is recommended with natural stone however single part will still do the job, Dont know what make adhesive you have however.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
limestone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.