Discuss Littlespark A Thread A Day (2): "A Career in Korea" Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Littlespark A Thread A Day (2): "A Career in Korea" Discussion ThreadLittlespark A Thread A Day (2): "A Career in Korea" Electrical Advice

Ive mentioned it a couple of times elsewhere, but my eldest daughter is (finally) away to South Korea to teach English for a year... and its been a marathon effort to get her there.

Pages and pages of forms, sending qualifications away to be first stamped by a notaries public, then apostiled... (new word for us!) then sent back because the notaries public hadnt stamped an original copy of something... then everything sent to the job agency in Korea, back again.....

Finally they sent her a letter of contract of employment... without that, she couldnt get the work visa to enter the country... That arrived on Tuesday 6th of August....

Same day applied for said work visa, which meant sending a copy of this contract, and her actual passport to the embassy in London... Sent using Royal Mails next day by 1pm delivery service, with another same 1pm envelope for returning the passport.... (no passport, no fly... and she had her flight already booked for Friday 16th)

She gets an email on Thursday 8th..... "Received"

Another email on friday 9th.... "Processing"

They dont work weekends, of course, so next we hear of anything is last tuesday 13th.... "Your Visa is processed and will be available online from....... We will send back your documents."

Fine.... with the 1pm envelope, we'll get it wednesday, or thursday at the latest.... (remember, shes flying on friday)

Nothing in the post Wednesday, so she emails them and asks for the tracking number... (its a guarenteed delivery envelope... there should have been a tracking number).... "No, sorry... we dont have the tracking number"

Oh crap.

Luckily, I am at home on Thursday and catch the postman before he starts walking the streets... He has a look in the van, but theres no 1pm envelope....

Double crap

Friday morning, i go straight to the sorting office, see if i can catch it before its put onto a van.... Helpful gent behind the counter says it hasnt come in at 6am, but theres another drop at half 9..... He takes...

Read more

Littlespark A Thread A Day (2): "A Career in Korea" for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Littlespark A Thread A Day (2): "A Career in Korea" Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
Dealing with bounced or cancelled cheques from non paying customers This happened to me a...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Littlespark A Thread A Day (2): "A Career in Korea" Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond