Discuss Littlespark A Thread A Day (3) “My Turn For A Rant” Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Littlespark A Thread A Day (3) “My Turn For A Rant” Discussion ThreadLittlespark A Thread A Day (3) “My Turn For A Rant” Electrical Advice

Existing customer and close friend of the in-laws have just moved house and asked me to give it a quick look before getting me in to do a few jobs.

Old…. Very old building… red/black twin and earth, with an earth in the lights… so not ancient.
Accessories could do with being changed, but all in all, fairly standard for the age.

I get to the consumer unit. Recently changed with an RCD dual board…. Oh well, at least it’s not plastic.
Sticker says it was done in 2021. Maybe the time the kitchen was renewed… seems to be the only room with more modern fittings.

straight away, I’ve noticed the pendants are a little too old. The dropped flex is old, twisted and braided… and surprisingly completely worn through in places… right down to the metal cores.
How the heck they haven’t shorted out, I don’t know…. And how the heck it passed an EICR not 3 years ago….

I’ve made that circuit safe, and I’m going back this week to replace the pendants for a start off… will do the switches too and then see about the other jobs… (severe lack of sockets throughout)

I’ll take photos and add them to this thread when I get them.

Really… I’d like to take a read at this “satisfactory” EICR and see what was actually written.

Littlespark A Thread A Day (3) “My Turn For A Rant” for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Littlespark A Thread A Day (3) “My Turn For A Rant” Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Littlespark A Thread A Day (3) “My Turn For A Rant” Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond