Discuss Liverpool F.C.to be re-named by new owners. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

A1P

i think many scouse jokes are funny and harmless. its just some of the remarks are quite derogatory and a bit small minded but i do understand, this kind of joke is funny to some...

i work hard as do most people from merseyside, i dont have a criminal record for theft or anything for that matter and occasionally, i cant help but try to defend my city's reputation because thats loyal side of me, its my home town..its the same loyalty that would show to any of my friends on here.

anyway, all as i wanted to do is make a small point. no big deal. i wont respond to anymore scouse jokes because theres lots of people on here who enjoy them and its a free country..

whatever makes you happy, i say ;0)
No offence intended.The Kop is renowned for its humour.i seem to remember them giving Michael Owen a bit of stick about the street of houses he owns.Didnt they serenade Gary Sprake the Leeds keeper with the song Careless Hands after he threw the ball in his own net.Humour is about give and take.Us tykes get plenty of stick.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
scousers.jpg
Alright, Calm down:drool5:

U

user123

It's kind of funny, all the localized jokes, guess what being German has meant for me over the years! I prefer jokes any time to vile attacks, and I've had both. In Germany we have the equivalent to the Irish jokes about Ost Friesland, an area in the north east of Germany I believe, don't even know where it is :) and why that area was chosen.

When I mention during conversations in Germany that the Irish are used for jokes like that everyone looks kind of puzzled, and have no idea why, equally the image of the tight Scots is not known etc etc, I know the Spanish have their jokes about the Northern Spanish and vice versa, it's just a way of giving a joke a subject, there will be eqivalents in every country, oh, and in Egypt they use the same kind of humour about farmers! And it's not all flat caps in Yorkshire either is it.. :lol:
Wonderful to be human.... saying that my cat seems to positively laugh at this little handbag dog that passes our house that's about half his size... good job we don't have the size differences as there is in the animal world ... that would really cause trouble...
question.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

I get the Lot directed at me

kerry and cork are the brunt of Eires jokes, my late father is from kerry so got all the stick when we worked on site together

im a coc kney , the name means coc ks egg which doesnt exist as eggs are from hens, the country folk used it as derogarity term about those born in london, meaning someone you could sell a coc keral to for egg production

when someone told an irish joke in front of the old man he used to say ive got one for you

why are irish jokes so stupid

so the english can understand them

ive never taken offence as I know that my ancestors are clever witty people, poets and writers

the written word was spread from ireland by the columbine monks who taught anyone who came to them to read and write regardless of their background, with the intention of spreading the word of god

the part of london I born was the first multi cultural part of the uk and the slang I used as a child was full of french, german and jewish words

im proud of my background as it made who I am today and thats why I find the jokes funny

A

A1P

A1P what area are you from?

Hi Mike,I hope you are not going to send the lads round ,I am an OAP with a dicky ticker.I live in sunny Bradford which when mentioned seems to cause people to roll around on the floor laughing like the little aliens on the old Cadburys smash advert.We also get all the ethnic jokes based around curry,corner shops etc.We have a town council who either have a strange sense of humour or are just a joke.We cleared a huge site which was going to have a state of the art shopping centre on it.Years later,the developers wont build it and it has now been grassed over as 'a public amenity site'.The latest wheeze is to have an urban lake in front of the town hall surrounded by a vibrant cafe culture.It will certainly provide a nicer environment for the beggars and other hustlers.However like all big cities it has loads of salt of the earth citizens who are happy to live here.Re- the original post I read it in the sports pages and it made me laugh.I thought the stadium name was clever.The range of replies has been interesting.I notice nobody has stood up for Master Rooney or Wazza as he unfortunately calls himself,sign of the times hero to zero.Wherever we live and in life in general we need a sense of humour.Miserable chuffers have few friends.Just noticed the EFC ,I think I am safe.!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Liverpool F.C.to be re-named by new owners. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
T
Now I'am not sure if many members are aware but I support Newcastle United. This is because I...
Replies
Views
D
New Mexico Chili Cookoff If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there's no hope...
Replies
Views
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Liverpool F.C.to be re-named by new owners.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.