Discuss London Jobby Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Depends on budget really, plenty of spots I used to use use, mostly 1 or 2 nights and they were cheap ;) really depends how much per head, what about travel lodge ? are you wanting single rooms or twins ?

nice one Tel sounds like a top job, driving in London would be my idea of hell though

It can be a nightmare, recently did 2 jobs ( in particular ) Kensington, £28 per day parking and or £3.00 an hour on the meter, 2 hour max stay, we ended up getting clamped as well due to a 'scam' by the council, read the small print on the actual meter is my advice to anyone parking in London, don't be fooled by the big signs in the street.

Last edited:
A

*Alice*

Have you considered Stratford? There are loads of B&Bs springing up (e.g. "olympic hotel"), Romford road has several, plus the Ibis Hotel. I think they have their own parking and it's a quick trip down the central line for work each night.

I'd have thought a small B&B would be best, fewer guests/staff making noise during the day. In my experience the smaller places tend to be friendlier and more accommodating. If you have a room each you could probably have a floor to yourselves.

Good luck finding somewhere.

Alice

My suggestion would be ear plugs and eye masks wherever you go though.

G

Gazzer

Have you considered Stratford? There are loads of B&Bs springing up (e.g. "olympic hotel"), Romford road has several, plus the Ibis Hotel. I think they have their own parking and it's a quick trip down the central line for work each night.

I'd have thought a small B&B would be best, fewer guests/staff making noise during the day. In my experience the smaller places tend to be friendlier and more accommodating. If you have a room each you could probably have a floor to yourselves.

Good luck finding somewhere.

Alice

My suggestion would be ear plugs and eye masks wherever you go though.

The original post was over a year ago, I guess he has it sorted now !

Reply to London Jobby Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
P
Hi my names Phil iv just moved to London from northern Ireland and im looking to work alongside...
Replies
Views
ifindoubtgrout
I
M
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
Hi guys, can anyone help me out here. Job i was on in Brentwood came to an abrupt halt as tiles...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
London Jobby Help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.