Discuss long crack over 4 floor tiles ? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

hi , i dont want to hear the answer to this one as i think i already no ! anyway hear goes ... ive a problem with a floor job i tiled around 6 mths ago, tiles are ceramic, floor was a hallway chipboard with no deflection and was not a floating floor . i stupidly over layed with 9mm marine ply as i didnt want to tile onto chip board ! addy was spf, ply had expantion gaps and primed sides and underneath. now the problem is 4 tiles have a perfect crack from one to the next at the centre of the door. ive got to go and investigate it further tomorow and just wondering wot the best plan of attack is ? the rest of the floor is perfect , and cracked tiles are not hollow when i tapped them ? would it be a option to remove cracked tiles and lay a bit of uncoupling membrain with spf then re fix tiles with a 2 part flexi ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to long crack over 4 floor tiles ? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB