Discuss Longboarding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The youth has come out of me and I've bought a longboard (pics attached). Anybody else have one?

Me and a mate have bought them to play around with. We're both adrenaline freaks and these looked like fun on youtube.

So far we're practising stopping! haha - We get 20mph out of them down our practise road near Britannia Stadium, had a car drive along side us yesterday which we used to hitch a ride back up-bank to the top of the road again. The walking back up hill isn't fun but must be doing some good for my quite inactive lifestyle/health.

I just need to get a helmet for it as now we're getting a bit quicker. And work out to slide-stop. So I've ordered some slide-stop gloves which help practise that but eventually you're meant to slide with no hands on the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 31

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
it looks like a big skateboard dan, i used to be good on one in my younger days but i wouldn't dare go on one now, i'd probably break my neck!
Basically, it is mate lol

Though unlike a skateboard which doesn't go too fast (longboards easily go 50mph and there are youtube videos in the hundreds showing people overtaking cars going quite quick themselves - not what I'm actually trying to achieve, mind), they don't stop on their own and you can't put weight on the back end to lift the front to stop. You slide stop, like this... (long video but the first 15 seconds show you what the crack is)

[video=youtube;TebMoKUxzsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebMoKUxzsg&feature=related[/video]

Hmpf... thanks for that,Dan!... :prrr: you're supposed to make noises like you're never too old and all that..! Then again.. :lol:
I never mentioned age. I could just imaging YOU trying to longboard :lol:

I'd LOVE to see a video of that sort of thing lol :D :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
When I became self employed at 21 I gave up football!
It will be when I retire that this sort of high risk pastime may tempt me.
Mind you I've sent the wife up paragliding and riding camels so this could be the next 'try this dear' options.

Lunatics. Overtaking a truck. And barefoot?? Need their bottom smacking.

Taught them everything they know. :smilewinkgrin:

You mad heads lol

I dare you tell Mrs Mike that she needs a longboard haha

Some sort of longboarding I'm actually trying to achieve is more like a much much slower version of this sort of stuff (and we're getting there quite stratigically because my G.I.Joe-style extreme sports friend is quite anal when it comes to structuring the learning pattern - but it actually does pay off lol).

[video=youtube;RtFdD8tQ0cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFdD8tQ0cg&feature=relmfu[/video]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Longboarding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
U
Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern...
Replies
Views
user123
U
C
Had a call off these boys a couple of days ago, the guy started going on about a deal and really...
Replies
Views
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Longboarding
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.