Discuss Looking for 1/2 week tiling course in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hello everyone,
How you are ok. I just wanted to enquire about the tiling courses out there that teach you the basics. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos so I already have a good understanding on how to tile. I am from Leicester in the East Midlands area. Anyone know of any courses close to Leicester that run these courses?

I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks

As easy as that hey ! ...
reaction.gif

C

charlie1

Hello everyone,
How you are ok. I just wanted to enquire about the tiling courses out there that teach you the basics. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos so I already have a good understanding on how to tile. I am from Leicester in the East Midlands area. Anyone know of any courses close to Leicester that run these courses?

I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks

Hi Ibs!

Yes, a tiling course will teach you the basics but in the real world, nothing is ever basic. See those guys you see on the videos, they are pros (well some of them) and they make it all look so easy.... they just spread the adhesive with the trowel then lay the tile, next thing you know ...a perfect floor / wall... there is a lot more going on that the eye does not see!!

I

Ibs

Hi Ibs!

Yes, a tiling course will teach you the basics but in the real world, nothing is ever basic. See those guys you see on the videos, they are pros (well some of them) and they make it all look so easy.... they just spread the adhesive with the trowel then lay the tile, next thing you know ...a perfect floor / wall... there is a lots more going on that the eye does not see!!

Ofcourse I fully understand where you're coming from. I just want to start somewhere that's why I'm enquiring about the course. Anyone completed the course at Coventry Building Workshop?

I

Ian norris

If distance isn't a problem then I would recommend Access training in Cardiff. I did a 3 week course there which gave me a good understanding, now I'm learning how to cope with real issues carrying out some low level jobs for locals and rented property's, I still wouldnt feel happy attempting bigger more difficult jobs without lots more experience but I guess you must start somewhere. Good luck and ignore you tube it's miss leading and they don't show you how to rectify your mistakes.Regards Ian.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:to the friendliest Tiling Forum, as you rightly mentioned a short course will only provide the basics and the You tube videos are helpful. There is a section on here for Tiling courses and hopefully some members who have been on local schemes will be able to add to your thread. Nett here in the North East has a track record and there is no loss in contacting any/all the schemes to ask there content. As in any economic downturn there will be an element of chancers in training organisation so you are right to do checks before you commit. You will also find that like all trades we only want the best for the customer so a defence attitude is often shown towards the interests of our profession.
Enjoy your time on the Tilers Forum and good luck with your course.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for 1/2 week tiling course in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB