Discuss Looking for a T shaped white tile trim, 12 mm in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Annina

Hi, I live in London and am just having my bathroom finished. I have decided to use up my spare tiles by placing them on the surface of the loo on top of the plywood. (It's back-to-wall with a hidden cistern.) We want the tile edge AND the plywood edge covered neatly, and my builder says that a T shaped plastic white trim exists. (He bought some ages ago, but can't remember where!). I have been to the tile shop and they can't help. Maybe it isn't something specifically for tiles, maybe for something like furniture. To cover the tile edge and plywood edge it would need to be about 12mm Does anyone know where I can get this - and what it is called? Advice appreciated.

B

Bubblecraft

Hi & welcome. Its a little hard to understand what you are trying to do. a pic would be really helpful.

Ill try & answer based on what I think you are trying to do. It sounds to me that your tiler has tiled without fitting a standard tile trim. This could have been tucked behind the plywood and came out to cover the ply & your tile. A 12mm trim would have done this. My option would be to either cut off the back edge of a 12mm trim & bed into a bead of silicone. The other option would be to use a 12mm quadrant such as Homelux bath quadrant as long as the wall behind the ply goes higher that the ply & tile.

If you can get a pic up, it would really help

A

Annina

Hi, thanks for replying. My tiler hasn't yet done the work. The reason we do not want to use an L shaped trim is that we want a smooth finish underneath ie the plywood surface will cover the cistern, and will only rest on it (so that I can lift it to get access to the cistern). A T-shaped trim would go under the tile, covering the tile edge and ALSO covering the plywood edge below. (The T-shape would need to be 12mm above and 12 mm below). I hope this is a bit clearer! (I have tried to send pictures but I'm not sure if I have attached them successfully!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 25
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Looking for a T shaped white tile trim, 12 mm in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
So, I've tiled most of the wall in my downstairs WC and am left with a narrow floor to ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to correct some work performed by my tiler. I have sent photos to him of the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB