UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Lost days labour in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMtek

On a job i was on recently we ran over by 3 days because the customers were constantly changing their minds regarding position of the suite, prep, sending an entire suite back to the supplier because they didn't like it etc. my question is would have i been within my rights to charge for the 3 days lost labour (still had wages to pay, had to put off starting the next job by 3 days) as it was entirely down to the customers and nothing to do with late deliveries etc?

T

Time's Ran Out

Not unless you have a terms and conditions contract that will stipulate such hold ups prior to you starting the job.
If you have just given an estimate to do a set amount of work, then the time scale would be your concern.
If you'd finished it 3 days early would you give them a discount.
Swings and roundabouts I'd say but it's all down to your strength of character to approach the subject with the client at an early stage rather than try and make up for lost income.
But you can try - shy bairns get nowt!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i would have sorted all this out as the job was progressing, i give written quotions, how ever any extras or hold ups that are not down to me are sorted before the job progresses any further, having said that if the client is over the moon with the job, it sometimes pays to take a hit on it, you never know how many recommentions can come from it.........and it leaves the customer happy, with no ill feelings..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Lost days labour in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Lost days labour
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.