UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Luna Stone Starlight Quartz tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul flight

i have used starlight but not with under tile heating. i have laid the quarts tiles that have had problems and can understand why there is a problem with heating . i would not put heating and quarts tiles together ! is it worth the risk that just maybe later the tiles start to move. only time will tell if there is a problem with the starlight tile and others in that range..no matter what topps salesman say !

Q

Qwerty

I cannot speak from experience of using the Topps starlight tiles, but may be worth finding out who the manufacturer of the tiles are and contacting them directly. I have seen the resin bonded tiles (most of the starlight quartz tiles are) curl before, but the homeowner did whack the UFH up to near max most of the time.

Be mindful.......... Topps stating they are suitable for UFH means nothing at all in my opinion. There will always be a get out if & when the tiles did fail.

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Luna Stone Starlight Quartz tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.