Discuss m2 help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

IHB

I make it about 2.07m2

Drawing1.jpg

Think of it as 2 right angle triangles. You can get the height (approx 1.72) based on the 1.2 and 2.1. Then the area is 1.72 x 1.2 = 2.07. What's my prize?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mache

For the type of triangle shown IBH went about it the right way due to it not being a right angled triangle. The full method would be to calculate using Herons Formula expressed as.

9db79f05bb907c3392702514e85df07d.png

where
d6dfb697ba929804b48f07fa28ae7a06.png
is the semiperimeter, or half of the triangle's perimeter.

However it's alot easier to go here and put the three lengths you have into the boxes and press calculate :8:

http://www.mathopenref.com/heronsformula.html

D

Dougs Third Go

For the type of triangle shown IBH went about it the right way due to it not being a right angled triangle. The full method would be to calculate using Herons Formula expressed as.

9db79f05bb907c3392702514e85df07d.png

where
d6dfb697ba929804b48f07fa28ae7a06.png
is the semiperimeter, or half of the triangle's perimeter.

However it's alot easier to go here and put the three lengths you have into the boxes and press calculate :8:

http://www.mathopenref.com/heronsformula.html
I like that :)

T

Time's Ran Out

I always knew my degree in mathematics would come in handy one day!:lol:
Although the triangles area can be exactly determined, the number of tiles required will no doubt depend on the individual tile size and the amount of wastage due to pattern, shape, etc.
It would normally be easier with measurements of this size just to graph out the area and overlay your tile set out to calculate a reasonable gestimate!

S

Stef

I always knew my degree in mathematics would come in handy one day!:lol:
Although the triangles area can be exactly determined, the number of tiles required will no doubt depend on the individual tile size and the amount of wastage due to pattern, shape, etc.
It would normally be easier with measurements of this size just to graph out the area and overlay your tile set out to calculate a reasonable gestimate!

So TJ, you couldn't really buy say 2.5m2 of tiles if the area was 2.5m2.
You would have to add 10% or more than likely add 20%+ to cover your wastage & would you charge the extra % onto the price for the customer??

Reply to m2 help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB