Discuss m2 help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

So TJ, you couldn't really buy say 2.5m2 of tiles if the area was 2.5m2.
You would have to add 10% or more than likely add 20%+ to cover your wastage & would you charge the extra % onto the price for the customer?? 

This is always an extremely delicate situation to confirm with any customer, and more so if the triangle although stated as being an isosceles is not of equal 60 degree angles!
As previously stated the size of the tile is often the determining factor with reference to wastage as the resultant cut off may not be able to be utilised in another position. I of course can fully cover a 2.5m areas perfectly with 2.5m of tiles - however it will resemble a mosaic in the style of Gaudi!
Therefore in the interest of clarity at the measuring stage I would assume the area to be a rectangle of the Pythagoras style and allow the tiles to overlap the Hypotenuse by full units, thus allowing a fairly accurate indication of actual tiles required.
If indeed a client was of the opinion that I'd over measured then I was obviously not meant to do their work in the first place.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to m2 help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB