Discuss magnusson spirit levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

andy-p

TF
Arms
this is the one you want to get :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 83s.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 236
G

Grantx

I've used levels for 25 years (as a bricklayer) and I reckon the only decent levels available are the Stabila 83S series (heavy steel). Unfortunately, the maximum length is 1 meter (costs around £80). See Andy P's post.

I sent Stabila an e-mail asking why they didn't make longer lengths - they haven't replied. Think of the cost of a 72". However, this is an example of the most expensive being the best - you get what you pay for.

Second best, so to speak, in terms of quality are the 4-piece set from Screwfix (number 75181) at £34.99, reduced £69.99 (sling the included 5m tape).

Grant.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

manghan

Second the screwfix set, great quality and bargain price.
The stanley fatmax are dear but almost indestructable.
The stabila set mentioned has been on offer at a few places recently, good value.

yeah my mate said he had a set from scewfix, so i went to check them out, i agree for the price the quality is spot on. off i went to get myself a set for £35 :thumbsup:

C

Ceramico tiling

if your getting a level make sure it has ribs, they take a lot of knocks and can be put out easily. i have a dewalt lazer level, was quite epxensive but honestly the best tool ive ever bought. self levels, really useful for making your grout lines actually meet above a door or window! haha but seriously it makes the job so much easier i carnt believe how long i went without it
Absolutely,,I told myself that yesterday!!

Reply to magnusson spirit levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
magnusson spirit levels
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks