Discuss Major price difference - mapei/bal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hello all

ive been to tile giant and topps tiles and cant believe how expensive bal cement adhesive is at topps tile,.

AT tile giant mapei keraflex is £20 a bag and covers about 9msq

at topps bal single part flex £48 a bag and covers about 8msq (wet areas)

.so purely on the basis of price im gona go with mapei for my first job??????

opinions anyone,. (tech departments for both brands advised me on cementious adhesive)

ta

I

IGTiling

As a rule of thumb I allow 4 to 5m² per 20kg bag of adhesive, yes I appreciate that there are other variables like substrate, Tile size, Trowel size etc but 4 to 5 is a good average. As for Toppfix adhesive, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole - personal experience with this adhesive has shown its quality and consistency to be too variable. Mapei Adhesives are very good and the new adhesives at Tilegiant - Proquick and Pro Flexible are very good value and are made by Mapei.

M

mikethetile

you wont get the decent prices on toppfix from topps till you have been buying off them for a while

open an accouint at tile giant and they will give you good prices from day one, as tg sponser this site they give even better discount to arms members

I used bal for years and really its only the price that lets it down. im a mapei convert now

mapei wipe the floor with palace on quality and ease of use for not a lot more money

Reply to Major price difference - mapei/bal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I'm a keen DIYer and about to embark on my first major tiling job, I've done a few bits...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Major price difference - mapei/bal
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.