Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Making a bath pannel advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stu-180

Nearly done my bathroom !

I have tiled all the walls and just finished the floor, all thats left is box in the pipe work, I wanted to do this last so battern onto the tiled wall and floor and then box it out and then tile it the same pattern (I think it will give a nice finish overlapping the tiles rather than butting up to cut edges and then sealing up)

I have a nice big sheet off 18 ply left and a load of wooden 2"x1" lengths, Im thinking I might make a stud frame and fix the cut ply to it and then tile this (wall pattern to follow it round) , can I use the same adhesive I used to fix the tiles to the floor ? (flexible trade rapid set)

Im guessing I will need to do a good job in building the stud frame and make sure that its seriously solid and have no flex in it if kicked of banged (likely when getting in and out of the bath).

Anyone have any helpful tips or advice ?

Thanks

Couple of photos so far -
(will post a start to finish when im all done)

z04082010050.jpg

z08082010058.jpg

D

DHTiling

Hi Dave, I did mention about making a frame and using some 18mm ply, wondering if anyone had any tips or 'no nos' when going about it. :thumbsup:

I thought you were just on about the boxing..:smilewinkgrin:..

Some peeps like to make access panels. i personally think they are unsightly, and if y ou frame it out and clad with plasterboard like PJC mentioned then it is easy enough to break into if a problem occurs.

The choice is yours whether you insert an access panel.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I use 6mm NMP as it fits under the lip nicely on most baths so a tile will come flush.
I tend to make invisible access panels using silicone instead of grout.

So make a nice frame:
IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

The above was my first ever and a little over engineered but you get the idea.

IMG_1168.jpg

Reply to Making a bath pannel advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Making a bath pannel advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.