Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss makita battery hand wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alberta Stone

I bought one thinking it would be the cat's *** for little jobs and backsplash's and it is nice but not as handy as I thought
Little pieces that have to be cut are hard to deal with as the bottom plate makes it difficult to control the tile as it is being cut.
For bigger tile it works well though.
I also use a big plastic tub to catch the spray and chips.
lithium batteries would be a good addition and they may be making them sometime in 2009 from what the Makita rep says.

H

Highlander

Use it all the time saves having to set up big cutter for 4 or 5 cuts. Never have any problem cutting Porc, ceramic, slate, trav even cut glass with no problems. True the battery is not the greatest and spare ones are not cheap but I normally have the charger sittin out and just stick it on charge after a few cuts.

To me worth every penny great for kitchen splash backs great for plunge cuts for toilet wastes etc Great for site work where power is an issue mind you this is when two batteries would be worth while.

What I think is lot of guys buy it and expect it to work like a grinder it is not a grinder it cuts at its own pace laid back like us Highlanders :grin:

Highlander

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Use it all the time saves having to set up big cutter for 4 or 5 cuts. Never have any problem cutting Porc, ceramic, slate, trav even cut glass with no problems. True the battery is not the greatest and spare ones are not cheap but I normally have the charger sittin out and just stick it on charge after a few cuts.

To me worth every penny great for kitchen splash backs great for plunge cuts for toilet wastes etc Great for site work where power is an issue mind you this is when two batteries would be worth while.

What I think is lot of guys buy it and expect it to work like a grinder it is not a grinder it cuts at its own pace laid back like us Highlanders :grin:

Highlander

Wot............SLOW :lol:

I

itstony

Guys,
First thread in the forum.
I do a lot of tiling and would never make a living at it. I do have good tools and the Makita 4191D which is the 12V version (not 9.6).
It wa sfor sale in the UK at silly money, then batteries and charger were on top.
I bought one on the US ebay with battery (had the charger) and a spar battery alreay.
I reckon it's a brilliant tool to have. Power isn't an issue with when you have two.
It's a slow rev/min and not what you normally term a power tool.
I paid equiv to approx £45 with battery, brand new and yes, a good deal.
Been great one of my best buys.
The blade is still going strong and still looking for a spare, so hope it lasts even longer.
It really needs the water constantly and it is a pain to keep filling.

Reply to makita battery hand wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Mates asked me for advice re best DIY (he's better than me) ELECTRIC tile cutter can't...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
makita battery hand wet cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%