Discuss Manual Cutting Method for socket/outlets in middle of ceramic tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits) then using a hand saw with tungsten blade to cut the required piece out.

Would this work okay?

I don't think using a wet saw, which I do have to do this would feel comfortable and using a manual saw you can easily stop or correct yourself as you go without wrecking a tile.

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits) then using a hand saw with tungsten blade to cut the required piece out.

Would this work okay?

I don't think using a wet saw, which I do have to do this would feel comfortable and using a manual saw you can easily stop or correct yourself as you go without wrecking a tile.
Plunge cuts with 100mm grinder using dry blade

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Manual Cutting Method for socket/outlets in middle of ceramic tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I have some projects on my hand. Therefore, I want to know exactly what type of drill bit will...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m using split face tiles (10mm ceramic 600x300mm) on one wall and I’m failing to cut...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
    • Useful
I used to work in a tile shop in the the 1980s and we were given an ultrasound tile cutter to...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB