Discuss Mapei buildfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiledweeb

Hello all...i made the mistake of buying a tubbed addy from b and.... and from advice on the forum i realise i may as well got me some tubs of blu tac! I can only exchange what i paid...£110 :yikes: for another product as my receipt is out of date :mad2: that is the only way to possibly recoup some of the cash:incazzato:
Which leads me on to my question...has anbody had any experience with using the MAPEI Buildfix range of of addys and grouts?....I have read on this forum that the buildfix super flexi addy is the same as Keraflex maxi. :thumbsup:...I was thinking of using it to tile walls and floors in bathroom and kitchen,my wall tiles are 400mm x 300mm 8mm thick! and the floor tiles are 330 square tiles.
On the PDF factsheet for Keraflex it states the addy is suitable for large format tiles.
The same retailer also sells a primer also Buildfix MAPEI called plaster primer would this be ok or should i just find some mapei primer G?
cannot state yet what exactly what substrate the tiles will be fixed to...bit of a gray area at present:thumbsdown:
Some pics below of the products in question....Thanks for already saving me from the nightmare that is... .....tubbed addy:thumbsup: mapei buildfix.jpg buildfix-plaster-primer.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei buildfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Mapei buildfix
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.