Discuss Mapei fibre plan...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have used this leveller from Mapei called Mapei fibre plan.......it is suitable for wood/ply floors ....UFH... etc etc and what a leveller.....

i normally use Arditex on UFH but Ardex have said no to using it on ply floors now..( they never used to)......so i have been hunting around for a good timber one as well as UFH....

Well i was well impressed.... the fibres in it really seem to give it a very strong body........and it flows very well and self levels very good as well unlike Arditex which is hard work yo get it flat and being 2 part Arditex stinks to high heavens as well.....

The Mapei fibre plan is single part requires 6.3 to 6.8 ltrs of water only and is fast to mix and use........

So it has a big thums up from me.........

dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceSxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceDxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
Fiberplan.jpg

Water-bored ultra-fast hardening self levelling fibre reinforced smoothing compound.

Applications:
Fiberplan is used for smoothing and levelling from 3 to 10 mm over adequately anchored wood substrates and wooden boarding where good resistance to loads and traffic is required; Fiberplan is suitable for wheeled chair traffic and for heated floors.
Fiberplan can only be used internally.
Smoothing of old and new timber floors: wooden boarding, chip-board panels, plywood, parquet.
Smoothing cement, terrazzo, old ceramic tile, natural stone substrates. Coverage
1.6 kg/m2 per mm of thickness. Packaging
25 kg bags.

N

noobtiler

I have used this leveller from Mapei called Mapei fibre plan.......it is suitable for wood/ply floors ....UFH... etc etc and what a leveller.....

i normally use Arditex on UFH but Ardex have said no to using it on ply floors now..( they never used to)......so i have been hunting around for a good timber one as well as UFH....

Well i was well impressed.... the fibres in it really seem to give it a very strong body........and it flows very well and self levels very good as well unlike Arditex which is hard work yo get it flat and being 2 part Arditex stinks to high heavens as well.....

The Mapei fibre plan is single part requires 6.3 to 6.8 ltrs of water only and is fast to mix and use........

So it has a big thums up from me.........

dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceSxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceDxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
Fiberplan.jpg

Water-bored ultra-fast hardening self levelling fibre reinforced smoothing compound.

Applications:
Fiberplan is used for smoothing and levelling from 3 to 10 mm over adequately anchored wood substrates and wooden boarding where good resistance to loads and traffic is required; Fiberplan is suitable for wheeled chair traffic and for heated floors.
Fiberplan can only be used internally.
Smoothing of old and new timber floors: wooden boarding, chip-board panels, plywood, parquet.
Smoothing cement, terrazzo, old ceramic tile, natural stone substrates. Coverage
1.6 kg/m2 per mm of thickness. Packaging
25 kg bags.

Hi Dave, new to all this and loving all the great info.So just a question on this, have a ply sub floor on joists to level with 25mm low spots so would i use ultraplan maxi from mapei so i can level it all in one go (its only 3m sq) and is ultraplan flixble to take slight movement from ply cause im laying 500mm x 500mm x 18mm marble tiles...any info would help, thanking you..

N

noobtiler

Not really, i spent about a week already doing the services and pipes for the shower and sink. I only want it level so i can get a good bed of adhesive on the marble tiles, but i do understand what ur saying thou. Its actually probably out by 15mm or so. Could i put down eml wire to enhance the bond to the ply? And ive heard god stuff about mira x plan, it goes up to 50mm and ive heard its great adhesion to ply? your opinion pls

M

Matt

Weber niv is an all in one slc....just add water and it's the same with fibre plan...

You will get fibre plan fron tile giant but not sure in your area where you will get weber niv..

I'm not sure if any of our stores stock FibrePlan. I know we don't at Longton. It ofcourse can be ordered in.

Might be worth ringing your local store alittle while before you need it....just incase.

M

Matt

I was chatting with the guys at my local TG (Bury St Edmunds) the other day and noticed that they had a couple of bags of Fibre Plan in stock. They said that they would not be stocking it as a rule. Even more scary.....they said it would cost me £48 per bag :yikes::yikes:. Apparently, that's a trade price?????? Not by my reckoning!!!

Hmmm, FibrePlan hasn't been stocked at either of the stores I've worked at (We stock LatexPlan as a SLC). Do you mind PMing me your phone number and I'll give you a call when I'm back in work on Tuesday and had a look at the price? I am unsure of the price because I have never sold it

Reply to Mapei fibre plan...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Mapei fibre plan......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.