Discuss Mapei fibre plan...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

I've mentioned before I'm mainly a BAL or Ardex man. Same reason as Dave I started using Fibreplan (Can't use Arditex on timber). But since early this year I've been using the new BAL Fibrebase, just as good if not slightly better than Fibreplan imo. The guy thats in SW London, you can get this from Boydens.

Wow, BAL fibrebase looks pretty good to use in this vid

BAL Adhesives - BAL Fibrebase Leveller Video

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Thanks gents. Im sure a guy I used for tiling a few months ago used some sort of Ardex SLC with a seperate latex to mix.It absolutely stunk.. so I dont want to use that in the bathroom upstairs as there is very little ventilation.

What is the best method to apply this? pour and level out with a trowel?

That would have been Arditex from Ardex.

Renovation screed slc or Weber floor flex are very good levellers and a good point , they are cheaper than BAL , which makes a big difference when levelling bigger areas

---
- Sent from my iPhone

D

davemul

The Mapei renovation screed looks very reasonable in price I must say! is it nice and easy to use?

The BAL video I linked to above really sells it to me though!

I probably have about 6m2 to level once UFH is down.

The thing is, there will be parts of the floor that I wont be laying the UH mat to (UFH will be 3.5m2).. such as under the bath (its freestanding so will be tiling under it) and also the loo / basin area

so i will need to level quite a lot in those parts to take up the missing UFH depth ... if that makes sense...?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tabby Cranks

That would have been Arditex from Ardex.

Renovation screed slc or Weber floor flex are very good levellers and a good point , they are cheaper than BAL , which makes a big difference when levelling bigger areas

---
- Sent from my iPhone

I pay a bit less for Fibrebase than Fibreplan. I don't think Fibreplan and Renovation are the same product, Renovation seems much gritier too me, with less fibres.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei fibre plan...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been planning on tiling my 16sq m dining room floor for ages, so have been reading...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Mapei fibre plan......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.