Discuss Mapei grout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I couldn't disagree more!?! Weber Joint Pro is my grout of choice. It's so smooth! I don't have problems with it going patchy anymore, although I did get that in the beginning. If you knock it up slightly too wet, it goes patchy, so I always err to the slightly dry side.
i find grout 3000 goes off too quick, but then I'm not the fastest grouter in the world.
cant stand Mapei for the reasons stated above... Goes off too quick, doesn't stick to anything, and has been too sandy for at least 4 years (that's when I first used it)!

Interesting method of how to stop shading. I was bragging about how I "thought" I knew how to stop webber grout shading down the shop with another tiler recently who also had a shading issue, however their was a job I had to go back to for snagging and I could not believe the shading!! This was a job I grouted with webber and was very confident it was 100% ok but to my sad surprise it was all patchy so from then on I refuse to use it.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Interesting method of how to stop shading. I was bragging about how I "thought" I knew how to stop webber grout shading down the shop with another tiler recently who also had a shading issue, however their was a job I had to go back to for snagging and I could not believe the shading!! This was a job I grouted with webber and was very confident it was 100% ok but to my sad surprise it was all patchy so from then on I refuse to use it.

Lets hope I don't live to eat my words too! Haha!

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Damn it! You've jinxed me Charlie.. Grouted yesterday, shower area and floor. Come in this morning, floor looks ok, but shower area is really patchy, like it hasn't dried properly!?! Weirdly, it was the same mix!?!?! Gonna leave it another day, and see if it dries out.. :-/

One day on, and the grout colour is starting to even out, although its still not as light as it should be... I'm wondering if the weber grout takes longer to dry properly on a tanked surface, as none of the moisture is being taken by the substrate? Very strange!?! I think I'll be ringing weber technical on Monday...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei grout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB