UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mapei Kerapoxy Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Does anybody know if they have made any changes to the Mapei epoxy grouts?

Used the red Kerapoxy Design the other week and my god it was easy to use, sat round for a while waiting for it to kick off. then used the anthracite Kerapoxy yesterday and it was nicer than using most cementitious grouts.

Not sure if it was just down to the temp or what but if they have changed the stuff, well done Mapei :thumbsup:

T

tfs

I thought the Anthracite was pretty good to work with too. I preffered the finnish on it to the cement based grout. I have only used it on small floors and used the glitter with it also. I had the glitter and resin on some of my tools for about 6 months as it was a nightmare to get off.

My only comment would be that I had to go over and over the tiles to remove the resin pathces that stuck to the face of the tile. This takes some close wathcing as if you miss some bits that would obviously be quick tricky to remove.

I spoke to a commercial tiler recently who commented on how good it was to work with. This guys normally uses Bal epoxy as this is normally specified by his Architect but he couldn't get a hold of it on this job so chose to use the Kerapoxy.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

I prefer to use epoxy rather than cement based and never had any probs with mapei kerapoxy.

I havent noticed any differance with it.

MG, if you buy 2kg pots you can transfer the resin and hardner into small pots by weighing them, (old pesto pasta sauce jars or baby food jars are good) so long as the proportions are kept consistent it will be fine.

Brilliant advice - thanks!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mapei Kerapoxy Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi All and thank you in advance. I'm DIY'er with quite good general understanding and capable of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.