Discuss MAPEI Ultracolor Plus -JASMINE in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ross9807

i just finished a bathroom, used ultracolor plus but vanila.

done everything by the rules diddnt give a final wipe, and waited till it was dry to brush dust off with a dry towel.

and ....... no problems -same colour all over

then i done the floor, added a little extra water (literally a drop)
other than that i done the same.

and the floor is definatley a different colour much whiter all over.

the customer doesnt mind and is well happy. but i still dont get it????

after puting grout in the joints, how do u know when to go over it with a sponge?

i think i'll just keep practicing and finally i'll find the exact problem.

thanks for everyones help though!

R

ross9807

the grout was the same width, the tiles were different.

and i can see what you mean, but i don't think it was this cos u could clearly see the difference in colour from the bit i grouted between the floor and wall tiles.

i think it might be down to that extra drop of water.

if you mix 1kg of grout with 0.2 liters of water isnt it really really dry?????

surely way too dry to work with.

G

grumpygrouter

I am going to go slightly out on a limb here from the normal Ultracolor Plus advice with regard to mixing ratio's. The bag states a certain amount of water to powder as a ratio as ideal but, and here's the caveat, it depends on the colour and that is stated on the bag. If you find it is a little too dry then add more to give you the correct consistancy, but you need to use the same amount of water for every mix after that.

L

lent

Silly me. used Jasmine again.should have known better. dried patchy yet again.
The speed that this grout sets off in the bucket makes it impractical to mix a whole bag at once ,especially when grouting tight joints. Too stiff a mix makes it difficult to press into tight joints,slowing down the application and therefore grout goes off in container.Problem with mixing grout in small quantities is that pigment quantities can vary dramatically ,especially red,from mix to mix.
It would help if Mapei could mix the stuff better before they bag it.
Mixing it thoroughly before adding water sounds good,but i have not tried it,not even sure how i would do it.
Did do one job where i measured out all the quantities precisely..... didnt work!
Always wring out my sponges.

Love the colour,just a pity that its such a nightmare to use in small quantities.
Jasmine is the only colour that i have ever had a problem with< which is such a pity as it goes with so many tiles.

G

Gazzer

Silly me. used Jasmine again.should have known better. dried patchy yet again.
The speed that this grout sets off in the bucket makes it impractical to mix a whole bag at once ,especially when grouting tight joints. Too stiff a mix makes it difficult to press into tight joints,slowing down the application and therefore grout goes off in container.Problem with mixing grout in small quantities is that pigment quantities can vary dramatically ,especially red,from mix to mix.
It would help if Mapei could mix the stuff better before they bag it.
Mixing it thoroughly before adding water sounds good,but i have not tried it,not even sure how i would do it.
Did do one job where i measured out all the quantities precisely..... didnt work!
Always wring out my sponges.

Love the colour,just a pity that its such a nightmare to use in small quantities.
Jasmine is the only colour that i have ever had a problem with< which is such a pity as it goes with so many tiles.

Not true, If while you are working the mix starts to harden in the bucket then a quick remix with a paddle mixer will give it new life. You can dio this numerous times up to a point. On no account though add water, just mix it up.

Reply to MAPEI Ultracolor Plus -JASMINE in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
MAPEI Ultracolor Plus -JASMINE
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.