Guest viewing is limited

Discuss marble tile preperation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

maninnottz

hi all, help needed.
im tileing with italian carar polished marble in my bathroom.
following great advice from here i have the aquaboard ect in place.
question
is it better to clean the tiles before installation and seal them or install them first then clean and seal after?.
the youg chap at tile giant said to use a chemical to clean off the wax ect before installation then seal.
i wasnt very sure he had much experience so thought i would ask those who know.
also you might like to know that if you buy £150 worth from the tile giant web site delivery is free but if you go to there shops they do not deliver even if you offer to pay !.

D

diamondtiling

hi all, help needed.
im tileing with italian carar polished marble in my bathroom.
following great advice from here i have the aquaboard ect in place.
question
is it better to clean the tiles before installation and seal them or install them first then clean and seal after?.
the youg chap at tile giant said to use a chemical to clean off the wax ect before installation then seal.
i wasnt very sure he had much experience so thought i would ask those who know.
also you might like to know that if you buy £150 worth from the tile giant web site delivery is free but if you go to there shops they do not deliver even if you offer to pay !.

That would be because they dont have vans, it would only make all the products more expensive. When you order online they are not paying someone to serve you so its less expensive and so they can arrange delivery.

:thumbsup:

Reply to marble tile preperation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am preparing to install my first marble effect tiles and I have seen them installed...
Replies
Views
A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
C
Hi all, I'm not much of a forum poster, and am also new here to this one. Additionally, in...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
marble tile preperation
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.