Discuss Marmox backer boards-fixing to wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mono

Hi all,

First post so here goes:

I've bought some 10mm Marmox backer boards to line the walls in a walk in style shower area I'm currently installing at home. I'll be installing on 2 walls, both are stud. I've removed plaster board and the stud work is not the best so my thoughts were to mount some 10mm marine ply on the stud to get a flat supportive surface, and then attach the marmox board to that using screws and adhesive.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this approach.

Cheers

M

mono

Ok,

So I spent today adding more timber to the wall and spaced to match the board so job's a good 'un. Cheers.

Now onto the other wall. It's plasterboard and plastered so was intending to attach straight onto this with adhesive and screws. There'sbit of curvature in the wall though. I placed a Moarmox board up against it and there's enough give in them to follow the wall. Am I saking for trouble if I attach like that do you think. Its a 2.5m wall so hoping I don't need to 'square it off'.

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Marmox backer boards-fixing to wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB