Guest viewing is limited

Discuss marmox showertray opinions! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jimmycooker

Is that the one to go for then? What are the other options, tuff2, any other?

My floor is 18mm ply, i intend to cutout a hole, install the tray directly onto the joists and install marmox backer board all the way round the bathroom.

What do you think? What would you do to level the shower former with the 18mm ply?

Do i need to tank the floor and shower to be doubledy sure its sealed?

Thanks again.

J

jimmycooker

I have found a good deal on a showerstone tray and am thinking of surrounding this with marmox backerboard, screwing into block wall on one side and studs on the other two, using Marmox 310ml Acrylic Sealant between the tray / board & board / board interface.

The existing floor is 18mm ply, I plan to glue these wet UFH boards Underfloor Heating | DIY Floor Heat Kit (similar to marmox with a channel cutout for running pipe) which will sit 12.5mm ontop of the rest of the 18mm ply floor.

The UFH board supplier told me to

"Apply thin layer of ply or a thin fibre reinforced screed should then be adhered to the UFH panel before the application of the tanking materials"

The 18mm ply + 12.5mm board = 30.5mm...can anyone tell me how much the depth of the thin fibre reinforced screed?

Assuming it is say 2mm, the overall floor level will be 32.5mm and the tray is 22mm. Is it ok to raise the level of the former with plywood to match the finsihed thin fibre reinforced screed level?

Once this is done, i need to install a decouling layer and tank the marmox boards & tray (i know i might not have to but i want to incase there is any movement and the sealant is compromised).

What is the best floor decoupling mat to go on the thin fibre reinforced screed?

Can i install it into the thin set screed?

If so do i need to put any edging tape down first?

What is the best type of tanking for marmox backerboard?

Can you tell me if screwing the boards to the wall is sufficient? the marmox site says gluing or screwing but i've seen both mentioned together.

If im set on marmox backer boards, showerstone tray and this floorheater UFH, what producst would you use to tank the lot, walls and floor?

Thanks,
James.

Reply to marmox showertray opinions! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I'm having the majority of the ground floor of my house tiled (35m²) and I'm not...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
Planning to install brick imitation porcelian tiles 250x250 size in dinning room, decided to go...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
marmox showertray opinions!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.