Currently reading:
Massive problem involving chipboard flooring and underfloor heating.

Discuss Massive problem involving chipboard flooring and underfloor heating. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

My opinion on the matter is it is 100% your fault. Yes the plumber turned the heating on, but if you knew what you were doing you would have stopped him. Your doing the tiling you dictate what is done for the job to be done correctly. If I listened to plumbers and clients, I'd be doing things the wrong way half the time. Put your hands up and get it sorted out.

I wasn't actually there when he turned it on, he was doing it in the evenings and weekends as a foreigner for his mate. We did one day tiling came in the next and the heating was on. Granted at that point I should have known and tools down maybe. My customer was always very quick to remind me also that the plumber works on posh new builds with this set up all the time. Granted again I should have argued the toss.

I think your only way out of this is to find the tiler who originally quoted and ask him what he advised the client was the correct method. He might be disinclined to help you though. It would help you prove that he was advised by a competent person, completely ignored that advice and then hired someone he knew was unqualified to carry out the work, according to instructions given by him. All to save a few quid.
Not saying you'd be found completely blameless, but your liability might be significantly reduced. The bloke sounds like an idiot tbh.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Massive problem involving chipboard flooring and underfloor heating. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB