UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Maybe I have been here too much.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

:D

Just the other day, I was talking to one of my men about the job we are going to do, and I referred to him doing the tanking next week. He said "Man, you have been spending a lot of time on that British tile forum, haven't you?"

I said "Why, what did I say?"

He said I just referred to the waterproofing as tanking.

I did without even thinking about it. :D :D

Next thing you know I am going to start watching soccer and cricket. :thumbsup::lol:

S

sWe

:lol:

First time I read the word "tanking" on here, I had a bit of a WW1 flash; "WTF, are the crazy brits building tanks in their bathrooms?"

And when I read "adhesive", I thought "WTF, paperglue?" :rofl:

Words words words... The Swedish word generally used for thinset/adhesive is "fix". If someone says "lim" (the word for adhesive) about thinset/adhesive, a Swedish tiler automatically thinks "Heh, newbie..." :rofl:

Sum more words...

Fuktspärr = Waterproofing (or more literally, moisture barrier / moisture blocker)
Mortar = Bruk (incidentally, "bruk" is also the old word for factory...)
Concrete = Betong (fromt he German word "beton")
Grout = Fogmassa ("fog" is the word for joint, and "massa" is similar in meaning to compound)
Plaster = Gips (from "gypsum")
Render = Puts (literally "polish")

And so on...

E

enduro

:lol:

First time I read the word "tanking" on here, I had a bit of a WW1 flash; "WTF, are the crazy brits building tanks in their bathrooms?"

And when I read "adhesive", I thought "WTF, paperglue?" :rofl:

Words words words... The Swedish word generally used for thinset/adhesive is "fix". If someone says "lim" (the word for adhesive) about thinset/adhesive, a Swedish tiler automatically thinks "Heh, newbie..." :rofl:

Sum more words...

Fuktspärr = Waterproofing (or more literally, moisture barrier / moisture blocker)
Mortar = Bruk (incidentally, "bruk" is also the old word for factory...)
Concrete = Betong (fromt he German word "beton")
Grout = Fogmassa ("fog" is the word for joint, and "massa" is similar in meaning to compound)
Plaster = Gips (from "gypsum")
Render = Puts (literally "polish")

And so on...
I will try thee words on site next week, should be a laugh....:thumbsup:

S

strummerman

Just the other day, I was talking to one of my men about the job we are going to do, and I referred to him doing the tanking next week. He said "Man, you have been spending a lot of time on that British tile forum, haven't you?"

Next thing you know I am going to start watching soccer and cricket. :thumbsup::lol:
its football not soccer

D

Deleted member 9966

cricket is great Rob, you need to watch it more often! :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

Hi Mike, I started playing rugby in college, but stopped that and all sports in general when I totaled my back.

Speaking of cricket, I watched some videos on youtube to try and learn about cricket and how it is played. Very interesting...I know there are a lot of cricket teams and leagues here on the East Coast of the US between DC and New York. It is becoming quite popular here.

hi rob

i played both rugby and cricket in my younger days

still enjoy watching them

its nice to see rugby played across the pond too

i played cricket for round table as charity fund raisers, they were great days out and we got to play against some supurb teams

D

Deleted member 9966

liz, I am still trying to get the hang of what is going on! Looks very cool, I like it. :thumbsup:

I grew up with cricket in my family. My dad used to play and then as he got older he would umpire matches. Took me a couple of years to understand the rules but it's one of those very English past-times. We take it very seriously in England, not that the England's team results reflect that.

If you get chance to go to an International Test match, you should :hurray:

There's nothing better than sitting in the sun, drinking :8:, listening to a leather cricket ball hitting a willow bat. :thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Michael, Hockey is a cool sport. It's played in high schools and colleges throughout the northern and northern-central US, and of course in Canada every kid is on skates and with a stick by the time they are about 3 :D .

I used to go and see the Washington Capitals a lot, but now that the kids are here I don't seem to find the time as much to get away to see hockey and baseball games like I used to.

S

strummerman

Michael, Hockey is a cool sport. It's played in high schools and colleges throughout the northern and northern-central US, and of course in Canada every kid is on skates and with a stick by the time they are about 3 :D .

I used to go and see the Washington Capitals a lot, but now that the kids are here I don't seem to find the time as much to get away to see hockey and baseball games like I used to.

Dont go much myself these days work and all that . The hockey over here isnt as good as the nhl alot of players come over from the states or canada you avent made the grade for the nhl

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Maybe I have been here too much.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.