Discuss MDF Box Section in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello

I currently have a large box section made out of standard 13mm MDF which has the toilet and wall hung vanity unit attached to it. Question is, can i tile it?

It’s been in place for 5 yrs (painted) and has no signs of water damage so its not being hit with much water but every now again it sees a little when I’m in a rush. :lol:

I do have some 10mm Marmox board that i could use but i can’t make the section any bigger so would have to remove the MDF and just use the marmox board. Would this support the load of a vanity unit with washbasin? :thumbsup:

Not an ideal surface to tile to and especially as its painted, afterall the adhesive will be sticking to paint and not MDF.
Can you not glue and screw a 6mm tile backer board to the MDF ?

Not really. The box section has been designed to line up with the shower wall and bath and will protrude far too much with additional board and tiles.

Will Marmox on its own be suitable?

Reply to MDF Box Section in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi Help me please, I am currently in a care home as a Result of a Head Injury in 2001.The 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
MDF Box Section
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.