Search the forum,

Discuss Merseyside tiling courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mark0151

Hi, New to this site and I have been looking to start a tiling course. I know a lot of people will say choose the best course and not the nearest but I am already selfemployed and I am limited to distance traveled and time off. I have just done a 6 week course with a local college and was disapointed with what I had learnt mind you the course was designed for a beginner and I already have a basic knowledge of tiling. I have been recomended a tiling course in warrington which I think is run at a place called PTS although I am not sure if thats the right company name and also I have noted a course available in stoke on trent which has been mentioned on this forum. Can anyone help before I contact the companys direct. I wanted a non biased point of view so any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks. Mark.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Have a flick through the feedback forums that's the best bet. Loads of heads on here have been on the courses and many are good tilers now. It's not for everybody but if you've already done a bit of a college thing then you must know you want to do it so fair play.

I'd literally go visit two or three and speak to the guys actually on the courses if you manage to. Speak to the lecturers too. And then come home and make your mind up after a nights sleep. You want a good range of adhesives talked about (you might not use all of them but at least learn about them) and learn lots of ways of cutting etc. The main thing is learning the setting out for all types of tile sizes, types, etc - once you've got those bits right you're just really putting it all into practise and physically learning it and getting quicker with it.

All IMO.

Reply to Merseyside tiling courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.