Discuss Micromax2 Charcoal! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi everyone,

Happy new year! Over Christmas I decided to tile my own kitchen floor, I thought I'd use Micromax2 Charcoal as it looked like a good colour to go with, be warned friends this stuff is evil, mix soot and oil and try and work with that, my hands are stained I have ruined about 8 sponges and a grout float. Not to mention the complete mess it has made of my kitchen. Anybody else ever used it? Thank god I didn't use it on a client's job first :)

RR

O

One Day

Hi everyone,

Happy new year! Over Christmas I decided to tile my own kitchen floor, I thought I'd use Micromax2 Charcoal as it looked like a good colour to go with, be warned friends this stuff is evil, mix soot and oil and try and work with that, my hands are stained I have ruined about 8 sponges and a grout float. Not to mention the complete mess it has made of my kitchen. Anybody else ever used it? Thank god I didn't use it on a client's job first :)

RR

I have to say of all the black grouts I've used, MM2 is probably the easiest in terms of clean-up and the blackest when dry.
ALL black grouts will stain whatever they touch - they wouldn't work if they didn't!
Charcoal and black grouts incur a minimum £25 extra charge on my quotes to at least cover the cost of sponges and floats being chucked away afterwards.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Micromax2 Charcoal! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Y
I will do a search for the answers to save messing about, but I better fess up and tell you what...
Replies
Views
yahoo2u2
Y
I've just completed a wetroom walls & floors in Regal Vanilla Rock tiles from Topps. These are...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
D
Hello all, Wondering if any of you have used the Bal Superflex Wide Joint Grout, Charcoal...
Replies
Views
G
I have just had my kitchen tiled with porcelain tiles it's a 10 sq metre area. He quoted to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi I am looking to purchase a textured tile called Jewel from topps tiles, they have small...
Replies
Views
Speedoman
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB