Discuss May As Well Fess Up To A **** Up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

O

Old Mod

You're not giving enough information I'm afraid, you won't get the correct advice if u don't.
That's why you're being advised to find someone who can take a look at it for you.
The images are not as helpful as they could be.
The PVA that u have used needs to be removed before you do anything.
Sanded off concrete, washed off tiles if poss if they're non porous.
If that is what's known as 'black' adhesive on the concrete floor u need to use product like Mapei Eco prime like has been suggested or Tilemastermaster Prime and grip. These are pre mixed slurry primers. Or u make your own with 1-1 tiling SBR and water with 30% tile adhesive, by weight.
Do you now see how complex this could be?
I'm afraid it's not just a case of slapping them down with flexi adhesive.
Sorry if this is blunt, but if u do seriously want to make headway before Tuesday this is what u are faced with.

I

Italy

You're not giving enough information I'm afraid, you won't get the correct advice if u don't.
That's why you're being advised to find someone who can take a look at it for you.
The images are not as helpful as they could be.
The PVA that u have used needs to be removed before you do anything.
Sanded off concrete, washed off tiles if poss if they're non porous.
If that is what's known as 'black' adhesive on the concrete floor u need to use product like Mapei Eco prime like has been suggested or Tilemastermaster Prime and grip. These are pre mixed slurry primers. Or u make your own with 1-1 tiling SBR and water with 30% tile adhesive, by weight.
Do you now see how complex this could be?
I'm afraid it's not just a case of slapping them down with flexi adhesive.
Sorry if this is blunt, but if u do seriously want to make headway before Tuesday this is what u are faced with.
GO GO GO @3_fall IS NUMBER 1
damn who invented languages
"£$$%%&TI)UJHBVGFYI

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Fair play for having a go, however as you and many others are finding out tiling is more difficult than you think. ..
The biggest mistake you made was stepping foot in a diy shed and asking for advice on tiling, for anyone else reading this thread if your thinking of having a go at your own tiling project go and visit a repeatable tile supplier they have the knowledge, products and advice to help you, then you can decide if it's worth tackling the job yourself , or if not , can they recommend a good local tiler...:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to May As Well Fess Up To A **** Up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB