Guest viewing is limited

Discuss minton floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

borgie

i have a friend who is about to take up a minton floor. anybody know where or who would want it? he is not gi
Image0013.jpg
ving it away. thanks

Attachments

• Image0013.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 125
R

Richard Edwards

Cannot think why you would want to destroy hertitage like that. I spend a lot of my time restoring Victorian Floors for clients who are passionate about them. I also replace complete Victorian floors that are so badly damaged that they are beyond economic repair. There are lots of my clients who wish they had a chance at owning your existing floor.

If you are hell bent on distruction of this good floor, you should be aware that to 'sell ' it might be more difficult than you think. Please bear in mind that the average recovery rate on old tiles from floors such as these is around 50%. So you will end up offering about 1/2 of the area and it will worth next to nothing unless you sell clean sound tiles - 10p each / 20p is the going rate. Encaustics will be more - say £1.50 each if someone actually needs that design.

My advice - restore it - If not, lift it and spend time cleaning every tile and then see what you actually have left to sell.

Good luck

:thumbsup:

B

borgie

thanks for all of the repiles. i have been in the biz for over 23 yrs and from stoke-on-trent so i know what i would do with it. it's not my floor and it's not a windup. my friend doesn't want it and has plans for his hall so it's coming up this week . i've offered to repair and restore it. he doesn't want that . so just i thought i'd post it on here. only richard has had something interesting to say, so far. the rest are just the usual posters, knocking them out. may end up on ebay in a couple of bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

thanks for all of the repiles. i have been in the biz for over 23 yrs and from stoke-on-trent so i know what i would do with it. it's not my floor and it's not a windup. my friend doesn't want it and has plans for his hall so it's coming up this week . i've offered to repair and restore it. he doesn't want that . so just i thought i'd post it on here. only richard has had something interesting to say, so far. the rest are just the usual posters, knocking them out. may end up on ebay in a couple of bags.

Borgie, chill out and relax mate. People reply with their views as they see it.

:builder2:

Reply to minton floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
minton floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.