Discuss Mission accomplished in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

:thumbsup:
You may remember a while back I said I was having to to put right some work a "tiler " had done. In the end I have told the client that it would be easier to redo the bathroom, I tried to say the same with a wetroom but they only agreed to have the floor which had no falls to the outlet which itself wasnt water tight any way.
Anyway I knew the "tilers "name, today I was talking to a friend of a friend and tehy found out I was a tiler and the usal story unfolded...." Had I know you before, you could have done this job that I am having done"

Well one thing lead to another and they told me the "tilers" name, i stopped them and gave them some info that assured them it was the same person. They agreed and then said that the "tiler" hadnt started as yet but was due to start in the next 2 weeks.

Just so they knew I wasnt jealous etc I gave them the contracts managers phone number, while I was there they called the number and spoke to the contracts manager ( I knew he would always answer his phone) . Well he was no where near as polite as I was about the quality of this "tiler" and also informed them that he was being pursued through the courts for the costs of what the client had already paid him.
Needless to say this " tiler" wont be getting this job but what is annoying is that the shop that recommended him is a high profile store in this area and they said his attention to detail was perfection ! Goes to show its not what you know but who you know !

At the end of the day, these people keep some of us in business & make us look like super heroes

You not wrong Gus, through other posts comments I have quickly learnt they do hold some of well.. 'us' up.
If you don't mind but the known phrase and picture on you Facebook page : "If you think it expensive to hire a professional, Wait until you hire a Amateur" APPLIES again here

T

trevortine

Know exactly what you mean Neale. There is a tile shop that is still recommending a "tiler" who is forever destroying people's bathrooms. Even at one point, one of the customers pursued it further with the tile shop but they are still dishing out his cards. As far as I'm aware, she took it to court but I doubt she would have got anything from him
funny you mentioned that, it's not the first time I've seen this, and know of one doing the very same!

C

charlie1

Unfortunately we live in a world where it really is who you know rather than a persons raw skill that succeeds, it's also a good time for the ones who can talk the talk when the who can walk the walk are busy doing nothing because they can't talk the walk as they say!!! I worry about the plane of my tiles being broken by 2 mm over 1.8m and the you see some of the utter abortions being left by other guys who think tiling is glorified wallpapering or painting (no disrespect to that trade). after working with some of these baboons, you wonder why the hell you stress about these little things.

T

trevortine

Unfortunately we live in a world where it really is who you know rather than a persons raw skill that succeeds, it's also a good time for the ones who can talk the talk when the who can walk the walk are busy doing nothing because they can't talk the walk as they say!!! I worry about the plane of my tiles being broken by 2 mm over 1.8m and the you see some of the utter abortions being left by other guys who think tiling is glorified wallpapering or painting (no disrespect to that trade). after working with some of these baboons, you wonder why the hell you stress about these little things.

You stress because you care about your work Charlie, easy as that, one things for sure the market is full of chancers who don't care about finish, and even more so these days. I recently heard of a guy who gave up the taxis and started tiling, and because he is well known is pulling work in left right and centre. Will probably change when people see what he's doing!

C

charlie1

You stress because you care about your work Charlie, easy as that, one things for sure the market is full of chancers who don't care about finish, and even more so these days. I recently heard of a guy who gave up the taxis and started tiling, and because he is well known is pulling work in left right and centre. Will probably change when people see what he's doing!

That's scary in this day and age, well, being a taxi driver, he won't be short of talk that's for sure, if he gives it enough respect then in a few year he might have learned enough to become a tiler, If on the other hand he tries to chase the money then at worst, one job will ruin him and at best his work will dry up as his reputation catches up with him

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mission accomplished in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My daughter had a tiling job done in her kitchen while she was away last week. I stayed...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB