Discuss mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi guys....

imade a right **** up today,my boss helped set me out on a shower,3 walls with a boarder along the middle.everything sounded straight forward and left me to it.got to the last wall put the first 3 rows in all level, carryed on then got to the last row along the celling none of the joints marryed up plus i didnt level the top part of the trim,my bosses mate come back and tour me a new one..(hit the roof)i tryed to tell him im still learning and that mistakes are made,and spent most of the afternoon putting it right,so put it right then he left taking all tiles and the boarders,as i was grouting i noticed a chip on the boarder right were the shower goes in,i know my boss knows about it cause his mate went back to his house,proberly trying to get me the sack any advise for me would be great for tuesday..thanks

S

Stewart

I'm responsible for all the mistakes my apprentice makes the first time round, but if he doesn't learn from it and makes the same one again, then I do give him a rollicking, but an apprentice is only as good as the Master Craftsman that is teaching him/her. Tell the boss how you feel about it and also that your not happy with the guy trying to get you paid off!

Created on iPhone.....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

py rookie

Arms
TF
torquay,devon
Business Name
paul the tiler

Thread Information

Title
mistakes
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.