UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss mixed substrate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

groucho

Hi all quoting for job in kitchen and customer wants UFH. its 30 sqm very odd shape going from kitchen to conservatory. so normal probs floor height issues. 6mm thermal boards down, UFH down, self level, tiles comes to about 23/24 mm. kitchen is floorboards conservatory is concrete so question is im concerned about how the 2 substrates react to UFH. Is thermal boards on there own ok? or do i need ditra on top as well to help with the movement? floorborads when UFH is on will do one thing concrete will be doing something else. Its alot more money and raises the floor level again if I have to put ditra down. im sure somebody has had this prob. cheers

R

Rob Z

Hi Groucho,

I agree with Gary and Joe....the expansion joint placement has to control the entire job, regardless of what the customer does or doesn't want to see. The floor and the tile are going to do what they are going to do, and that "break" is going to occur at the change of substrates.

It's frustrating having to argue with people over this, but you have to stick to your guns and tell them the way it has to be.:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to mixed substrate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.