Discuss morning ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

wacjac

Although i have been registered for a few months, thought it was about time i made a post and said hi.
Im afraid i am yet another who has had a mid life crisis and hopes to make a living out of tiling. I have been developing properties since the early 90's on the side from my full time job as an aerospace engineer,having had the same sparky,plumber etc since my first house , but have never been impressed by any of my tilers. Over the years i have tiled various kitchens/bathrooms myself where things have been straight forward and have tiled in egypt, and over the winter i did a bit of skivying for a tiler in australia, as i got bored of seeing the relations each day ! Took voluntary redundancy in june and went to UK Trades Training (nett) as i had bought another property and wanted to do all the tiling, and thought the money i saved doing this would pay for training and replace the basic kit i had. Had a good 2 weeks training by darren , and learnt plenty. I have booked on further training via the schluter workshops ( i did ring and explain my inexperience !! ).

I have rang a couple of tilers who are based 15-20 miles from me and offered the skivvy for nothing. who have told me to bugger off !! even tho i have explained that i am not local to them.So any of you guys who are localish to south leicester and want a hand, please let me know. Im a nice guy, apart from my liking of the mighty Leeds utd. !!!!!

cheers joe

Ps im struggling to get to grips with my sigma cutters. Ceramics are fine, but wont admit to how many porcelain floor tiles i have buggered up in my garage !!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Although i have been registered for a few months, thought it was about time i made a post and said hi.
Im afraid i am yet another who has had a mid life crisis and hopes to make a living out of tiling. I have been developing properties since the early 90's on the side from my full time job as an aerospace engineer,having had the same sparky,plumber etc since my first house , but have never been impressed by any of my tilers. Over the years i have tiled various kitchens/bathrooms myself where things have been straight forward and have tiled in egypt, and over the winter i did a bit of skivying for a tiler in australia, as i got bored of seeing the relations each day ! Took voluntary redundancy in june and went to UK Trades Training (nett) as i had bought another property and wanted to do all the tiling, and thought the money i saved doing this would pay for training and replace the basic kit i had. Had a good 2 weeks training by darren , and learnt plenty. I have booked on further training via the schluter workshops ( i did ring and explain my inexperience !! ).

I have rang a couple of tilers who are based 15-20 miles from me and offered the skivvy for nothing. who have told me to bugger off !! even tho i have explained that i am not local to them.So any of you guys who are localish to south leicester and want a hand, please let me know. Im a nice guy, apart from my liking of the mighty Leeds utd. !!!!!

cheers joe

Ps im struggling to get to grips with my sigma cutters. Ceramics are fine, but wont admit to how many porcelain floor tiles i have buggered up in my garage !!

Of course you're a nice guy, welcome to the Forum wacjac

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to morning ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB